Interior Design & decoration is a highly creative and visual course, if you are interested in becoming an interior design or decorator, working as a consultant in colour & fabrics or offering a design coordination service as a business or a retail supplier. The skills learned in this course allow you to design & decorate from residential homes through to retail businesses & through to large scale & complex sites. You will learn from the very basics of research and sourcing – which is where most of the skills are in becoming an Interior decorator, to learning the basic deign principals, colour theories and functional principles in selecting soft and hard furnishing for their use. The Diploma of Interior Design & Decoration takes the fundamental skill learned at a Certificate IV level and extends the skills and experience into Retail, Commercial, Specialist & Complex sites right through to Event and Special occasion decoration. The projects become more complex with a focus on ‘Purpose Built’ and Special Function rooms/spaces that require great aesthetics as well as good design, colour , the latest of finishes and surface treatments for a modern & stylish world we live in. The course is diverse and gives the students a wide selection of projects to challenge and build confidence – when it comes to Interior Spaces and having the Skills, Ability, Resources and Training – to build a career in this field. Make an appointment and come in to discover the creative environment at the Academy of Design !
26th June 2017
DATES OF DELIVERY
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
10th June 2017
DIPLOMA OF INTERIOR DESIGN & DECORATION
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES, MATURE AGED STUDENTS, INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS & ANYONE WITH A PASSION FOR INTERIOR DESIGN
1 YEAR – FULL TIME
3 DAYS A WEEK
FACE TO FACE DELIVERY
[ QTH RECOMMENDED HOURS ]
Homework – min 20 hours per week.
12 – 20 STUDENTS PER CLASS | [ APPLICATIONS ARE DATE & PRIORITY LISTED ]
Level One , OASIS Shopping Centre, Broadbeach
HOW TO ENROL
COMPLETE AN ENQUIRY FORM online on the course page you have selected.
When we have received your online application we will send you a ‘Welcome’ letter and an INFORMATION email that assists you with the rest of the enrolment process.
We will also organise a visit to the campus to see our facilities and further discuss course content.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you require any assistance with enrolment.
- All students will need a laptop to bring to class.
- Windows 7 or higher
- Or, Mac OS x 10.10 or higher
- 15”screen or larger with minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080px
- Intel Core i3 processor or higher
- 4GB RAM or higher
- 2GB Dedicated Graphics
- 3 button scroll wheel mouse
- Basic digital camera or smart phone with cameraGeneral stationery:
- Note pad & writing pen
- 4 x A4 ring binders
- Plastic sleeves & dividers for ring binders
- A3 display book (JBurrows) 20 sleeves
- Pad of A3 graph paper 2mm (stationer in Oasis Centre)
- Pad of A3 tracing paper
- Technical drawing pens (Artline Drawing System) x 5: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8.
- Retractible pencil
- Triangular Scale ruler Kent or Draftex (scale 1:100, 1:50, 1:25, !:20, 1:75, 1:125)
- Set of plastic triangles
- Ruler, clear plastic
- Ruler, stainless steel 30cm
- Colour wheel Mini 13cm
- Plastic circle template – if possible, coloured clear plastic
- Plastic furniture templates x 2: 1:100, 1:50 (Ebay) – if possible, coloured clearplastic
- Stanley knife
- Glue gun
- Masking tape
- Sticky tape
- Double sided tape
- Glue stick
- 8m Measuring Tape in mm.
- Coloured pencils, set of 24 colours or more
- Derwent white pencil
- Pencil Sharpener
- White gel pen
- Coloured markers (Copic or Touch Five) Sets of colours available on Ebay.(Touch Five has a set of 168 colours for $95) – Minimum colours: W1, W3,W5,W8, G21, YG95, E37,E31, BG10
- A3 Drafting board (Pro 3, Kent, Rotring, Draftex) with parallel motion andadjustable angle (Ebay or Don Kibble)
- Don Kibble
- Musgrave Art Supplies
- Office Works
TERM 1 | DAY 1 – COLOUR THEORY & HISTORY & RESEARCH DAY 2 – TECHNICAL DRAWINGS DAY 3 – SOFT & HARD FURNISHINS
TERM 2 | DAY 1 – MATERIAL BOARDS & 2D & 3D DAY 2 & 3 – RESIDENTIAL DESIGN
MSFID4002 DECORATE RESIDENTIAL INTERIORS
BSBDES502A ESTABLISH, NEGOTIATE AND REFINE A DESIGN BRIEF
MSAENV272B PARTICIPATE IN ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE WORK PRACTICES
MSFID4011 DETERMINE WORK, HEALTH AND SAFETY (WHS) IMPLICATIONS OF INTERIOR EFFECTS
MSFID5003 EVALUATE SITE FOR INTERIOR DESIGN BRIEF
MSFID4008 ASSESS INTERIOR LIGHT AND RECOMMEND LIGHT FITTINGS
TERM 3 DAY 1 & 2 – CAD DESIGN DAY 3 – COMPLEX SITES
TERM 4 DAY 1 – RETAIL & HOSPITALITY DAY 2 – EVENTS DAY 3 – MAJOR PROJECT