Spread the love


VET FEE-HELP is available to assist eligible students studying higher level vocational education and training (VET) qualifications to pay their tuition fees. Higher level VET qualifications are at the diploma level and above; VET FEE‑HELP is not available for certificate level courses. VET FEE‑HELP can be used to pay all or part of an eligible student’s tuition fees, but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.

Am I eligible for VET FEE-HELP?

You are eligible for VET FEE-HELP if you:

  • are an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit); AND
  • are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET FEE-HELP provider; OR
  • are a student subsidised by the Victorian or South Australian State Government studying a diploma or advanced diploma course; AND
  • have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit (see below); ANDsubmit the Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance Form to your VET provider prior to the census date.
    • meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements: OR
    • if you don’t have a TFN you can give your provider a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from theAustralian Taxation Office (opens in a new window) after you have applied for a TFN; AND

For more information regarding eligibility requirements, read the VET FEE-HELP Information booklet, available on the publications page.

How much can I borrow?

Eligible students can borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit to pay their tuition fees. The FEE-HELP limit is the total amount available to eligible students under both the VET FEE-HELP and FEE-HELP loan schemes. This means that any amount you borrow under either VET FEE-HELP or FEE-HELP will reduce your FEE-HELP balance (the amount of FEE-HELP you have left to use) until you have reached the FEE-HELP limit.

Will previous study or other debts affect my eligibility?

No (unless you have already reached your FEE-HELP limit). Any previous study you have undertaken, and any other financial debts you may have incurred will not affect your eligibility to access a VET FEE-HELP loan. As long as you meet the above eligibility criteria and have enough of your FEE-HELP limit (see above) left to cover your tuition fees, you will be able to access VET FEE-HELP.


To apply for a VET FEE-HELP loan, you will need a tax file number (TFN) and a Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form. Before you sign and submit your form you must read the VET FEE-HELP information for 2013booklet. The form will ask you to provide your tax file number. If you don’t have a TFN, you can give your provider a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) (opens in a new window) after you have applied for a TFN. Contact the ATO on 13 28 61 for TFN information.

You must submit the signed and completed form to your provider before the census date or administrative date. If do not submit your form on or before the census date, you will not be eligible for a VET FEE-HELP loan.

For important information on the census and administrative dates, seeRelevant deadlines.

Census date

The census date is the last day you can submit your Request for Commonwealth assistance form (to access a Commonwealth supported place or a HELP loan) or withdraw your enrolment without incurring the fees or a HELP debt. If you do not submit your form by the census date, you will not be eligible to access a HELP loan for that study period.

The census date must be at least 20% of the way through the study period for that unit. Each provider is responsible for setting their own census dates, so this date will vary across different courses and different providers.

For Commonwealth supported students only – if you do not submit your form by the census date, your provider will cancel your enrolment as aCommonwealth supported student and you will have to wait until the next study period to re-apply.

International Students / What financial assistance am I eligible for?

International students are not eligible to access a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) loan for their study, and must pay the overseas student fees charged by their provider.

Information on VET FEE – Help

Vet Fee-Help Approved Courses. 


Diploma of Photo-imaging – CUV50411


Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology – LMT50307

Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology – LMT60307 


Diploma of Printing & Graphic Arts Multimedia – ICP50210


Diploma of Specialist Makeup Services – CUF50407


Diploma of Interior Design & Decoration – LMF50408


Diploma of Screen & Media – CUF50107


Diploma of Interactive Digital Media – CUF50207