STUDENT VISA INFORMATION
Before you begin planning your studies in Australia, you need to ensure that you satisfy the student visa application requirements. Further information regarding visas is available from your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate to find out more about the process or visit the Australian Immigration website for current information applicable to you. If you are already in Australia you may be able to apply to change your visa on-shore, please contact DIMIA for further information.
If you were granted a Student visa on or after you and your dependent family members will already have Permission to Work automatically included with your visa. You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week in part-time or casual roles, provided all the attendance (minimum 80%) and coursework requirements of your course of study are met during the term and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.
All student visa holders must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It is a condition of your Student Visa that you have private health insurance while you are studying in Australia. More information can be found on the OSHC website. We recommend AHM (Australian Health Management) Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Australian Department of Immigration
- Study in Australia
- Australian Quarantine
- Medibank Private
- AHM (Australian Health Management)
- Gold Coast Weather
- Coastal Watch
- Gold Coast Tourism
International Students Application Process
Overseas students must be 18 years of age or over and require one of the following scores in a language proficiency test: IELTS 5.5; TOEFL 195 ;( Computer Based); TOEFL 530 ;( Paper Based); TOEIC 700
- Enquire – online or phone,
- Information pack sent out which includes course outline, course cost, enrolment form, intake requirements and Academy of Design international student handbook (make sure you read our Refund Policy before applying for your course).
- Enrolment form completed and returned to Academy of Design along with deposit $500.00. At this stage you also need to attach copies of all academic qualifications:
- English language test scores -such as IELTS
- Passport copy
- Overseas student Health Cover Proof letter or copy of the OSHC card
- Other Certificate if you have
- Interview conducted (face to face or by phone or email)
- Acceptance letter and invoice sent out
- Issue Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)